The 11-county region is anchored by three thriving urban centers – Minneapolis, Saint Paul and Bloomington – known collectively as the Twin Cities.
As the 16th-largest metro area in the United States, the region is one of the most economically diverse and culturally vital in the country. It is home to more than 3 million people, 19 Fortune 500 companies and thousands of pristine lakes. Its reputation for innovation is legendary. Its workforce is one of the best educated in the country.
Minneapolis-St. Paul ranks fifth in the United States for the percentage of the population with a bachelor's degree or higher education. Forbes ranks our area one of the best cities for working mothers.
Top-Ranking Business Climate
Despite our reputation for cold winters, the Minneapolis-Saint Paul region boasts one of the hottest business climates in the country.
- MarketWatch named us “the best metro area for business” in America in both 2007 and 2008.
- American City Business Journals listed us among the “top 10 metro areas for small business” for two years straight in 2007.
- Site Selection singled out the region’s business climate as one of the top five in the country in 2007.
- The state won similar kudos from the Corporation for Enterprise Development in 2006. It gave Minnesota straight A’s for vitality – one of only two states to earn a perfect score.
- MarketWatch recognized our phenomenal concentration of corporate giants – including 34 Fortune 1000 companies and 15 S&P 500 firms in 2008. Those numbers are the second highest in the country.
For more information on relocating your business to the Minneapolis-Saint Paul area, visit our partner:
Ready for office space? Let one of our Commercial Real Estate Agents help.