Bloomington Future Leaders
Scholarship Application Instructions
The Bloomington Chamber of Commerce recognizes the importance and value of young leaders in the Bloomington community. The Chamber of Commerce is offering multiple scholarships for graduating seniors from Jefferson High School and Kennedy High School who exemplify the characteristics of being a Bloomington Future Leader (BFL). The ideal recipient should challenge himself/herself academically, be a part of Business/Marketing Education courses, and show passionate involvement in school and in the community.
Recommended Scholarship Criteria
- Enroll and participate in two Business/Marketing courses
- Participate in a minimum of one Bloomington Future Leaders Business Conference
- Participate in community service project(s) through BFL, Bloomington Chamber of Commerce or independently
- Verify acceptance of admission at a post-secondary institution
Students must electronically submit the following materials by February 28, 2015 to email@example.com. Please make sure to include your name on all documents.
1. Answer the following short questions in a Word document.
a. What is the most important business lesson you have learned and why is it the most important? This lesson can be one you learned in class, through BFL activities, working, etc. (approximately 250 words)
b. Talk about a significant challenge you have encountered and how you overcame it. (approximately 250 words)
c. How can you see your interest in business shaping your community? (approximately 250 words)
2. Submit a resume.
3. Submit unofficial transcripts.
4. Submit a letter of recommendation from a community member who can attest to your character, leadership, and community/work achievements.
5. Submit a copy of an admission letter to a post-secondary institution.
6. Selected finalists will participate in an interview with members of the Scholarship Review Panel.
Top candidates will be notified in late March 2015 to set up an interview with the Scholarship Review Panel. The Scholarships will be awarded in early April 2015. Scholarship disbursement is dependent on student’s proof of enrollment for the 2015-2016 academic year at an institution of higher education.