Finance & Loan Programs
The City of Minneapolis has a number of lending and grant opportunities available for local businesses through the Community Planning and Economic Development Department.
CPED offers a wide array of financing programs, ranging from $1,000 to $10 million, for Minneapolis businesses as well as staff assistance in selecting the appropriate program. Popular programs are listed below:
- Bank Qualified Bank Direct Loans are cost-effective tax-exempt loans for capital projects in 501 (c) organizations.
- Business Development Fund Loans assist with redevelopment projects that have a potential for the creation of jobs.
- Business Recovery Loan Program provides financing to Minneapolis based businesses that have been directly impacted by a disaster.
- Two-Percent Loans support small Minneapolis businesses with equipment and building improvements.
- Two-Percent Commercial Corridor/Commercial Node Loans provide financing to small Minneapolis businesses in designated commercial corridors and commercial nodes.
- Working Capital Program helps small businesses secure working capital financing through private banking institutions.