Creating powerful partnerships to unite and grow member businesses and the region.
- Bloomington Chamber of Commerce
- Columbus Corporation / Park and Shop / LaSalle Court Parking
- Dakota County Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Minneapolis Hotel Association
- Midwest Hardware Association
- Minneapolis Downtown Council
- Minneapolis Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Minnesota Bankers Association
- Minnesota Chamber of Commerce
- Minnesota Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners
- Minnesota Business Partnership
- Minnesota Grocers Association
- Minnesota Licensed Beverage Association
- Minnesota Lodging Association
- Minnesota Newspaper Association
- Minnesota Nursery and Landscape Association
- Minnesota Petroleum Marketers Association
- Minnesota Recruiting and Staffing Association
- Minnesota Restaurant Association
- Minnesota Retailers Association
- Minnesota Service Station & Convenience Store Association
- National Federation of Independent Business
- River Heights Chamber of Commerce
- Shakopee Chamber of Commerce
- Tiger Oak Media
- Twin West Chamber of Commerce
- Warehouse District Business Association
Workforce Fairness Coalition >> Make Your Voice Heard
Make Your Voice Heard
- Minneapolis employers are unique and cannot conform to the recommended one-size fits-all agenda without problems resulting.
- Minneapolis employers can open and thrive in this community because of the flexibility they are allotted. Taking away this flexibility will hurt our economy and numerous small businesses.
- Employees enjoy and benefit from the current flexible environment and fear that these mandates will cause them more harm than good.
- A universal sick and safe leave mandate–while well intended—actually discourages new businesses to open in Minneapolis.
- Minneapolis has an unemployment rate of less than 4%. Overbearing mandates on our employers could unfortunatley increase that rate as economic growth slows or employers are forced adjust their workforce.
- Many employers cannot afford the human resource department needed to deal with bureaucratic mandates.
- Other reasonable sick and safe time approaches need to be considered instead of regulations and enforcement of city-determined standards against local employers.
A one-size-fits-all mandate isn’t leadership, and it’s certainly not innovative.
Contact your Representative Today!