Home >> Our Region
The Minneapolis Regional Chamber of Commerce identifies the Minneapolis Saint Paul (MSP) region as 11 counties in the Twin Cities: Anoka, Carver, Chisago, Dakota, Hennepin, Isanti, Ramsey, Scott, Sherburne, Washington and Wright. These Minnesota counties, including two in Wisconsin make up our “metropolitan statistical area” and provide a standard, geographic definition for our region that is widely accepted across the nation.
MSP has an unusually strong, diversified economy, providing residents with a quality of life regularly listed among the very best in the United States. This high quality of life is rooted in the region’s tradition of business innovation, workforce development and corporate community involvement. The MSP economy is resilient and diverse including agriculture, food processing, computing, printing and publishing, large- and small-scale manufacturing, health care, arts and entertainment as well as medical instruments, education and finance.
Look at a few of these recent rankings for Minnesota and the MSP region:
- Minnesota Ranks Among “America’s Top States for Business” (CNBC ~ 2010)
- MSP Ranks Top for Med-Tech (Business Facilities ~ 2010)
- Minnesota’s Job Improvement Best in Nation (Bureau of Labor Statistics ~ 2010)
- MSP Named Third Best Market for Young Professionals (Forbes ~ 2010)
- MSP Economy Ranks Among Nation’s Strongest (Policom ~ 2010)
The Minneapolis Regional Chamber of Commerce is committed to sustaining and enhancing the region’s economic opportunity, growth and prosperity. More information can be found on this website or www.MetroMSP.org.