Home >> Communications >> Social Media Posting Policy
Social Media Posting Policy
Feb. 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to read this comment policy. We look forward to your participation and an active exchange of ideas. If you have questions about this comment policy or how we apply it, please contact us at 1-612-370-9100.
We encourage you to share your thoughts as they relate to the topic being discussed, ask questions about Chamber events, activities and membership, and share your Chamber stories. We expect comments to generally be courteous. Therefore, we have established the following policy for posted comments. We will remove comments that:
- Contain obscene, indecent, harassing, threatening or profane language or libelous or defamatory statements;
- Contain hate speech directed at race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, or disability; or
- Promote or endorse services or products. (“non-commercial” links relevant to the topic or another comment are acceptable.)
- Attack Minneapolis Regional Chamber of Commerce employees;
- Contain links or advertisements;
- Violate copyright or intellectual property rights or Facebook’s terms of service or any laws or regulations;
- Contain spam or are intended to cause technical disruptions to this page.
In addition, we will remove form letters with the same content from multiple users. Relevant comments or likes on previous published posts are always welcome. We reserve the right to delete excessive wall postings to improve the overall visitor experience. Anyone repeatedly posting material that violates these guidelines will be banned from participating on this Facebook page.
To protect your privacy, please do not include information (e.g., an e-mail address or phone number) in the text of your comment that identifies you.